AFAIK, there are essentially 4 'sets' of solutions here. Data
confidentiality is sometimes easier to address than the issue
of who is using my network, the authentication side.

1) OS specific. This thread has already shown the MS-centric
   option, using PEAP or EAP-TLS type solutions to overcome
   the scalability/compromise issues with static WEP. This is
   great if you have this ability to dictate OS and AP choices
   so the environment is totally supported

2) Hardware specific. I've had good success personally with
   Cisco-specific solutions, using LEAP+TKIP+Broadcast Key
   rotation. This gives you the authentication piece via a
   RADIUS back-end, dynamic keying and re-keying (and on an
   802.11b network, setting your key lifetime below about
   5 hours will significantly reduce the risk of compromise,
   since it takes ~5.5 hours for the AP to transmit the 1M
   packets at which a WEP flaw becomes statistically likely)
   and more.
   It does, however, require Cisco or other LEAP compliant
   (including some Intel) Wireless NICs and Cisco APs, plus
   a RADIUS server capable of passing the correct AV pairs.

3) VPN. Firewall of your wireless network, and require a VPN
   to access the internal network. This leaves you with a
   single point of entry that you can control. The flip side
   of this is that it IS a single point of entry, with all
   the issues therein, and the fact that users likely now have
   an additional login step to access the wireless LAN.
   There are also options such as Reefedge (http://www.reefedge.com)
   that will provide a distributed firewall/VPN/authentication
   solution that provide a very effective 'shim'.

4) Built in functionality, such as MAC filtering, static WEP,
   no broadcast SSID and so on. This is the least effective
   of the solutions, but should be built into any AP you choose
   to purchase and supported on any NIC.

Or. Of course. You could wait for 802.11i, wait to see if it's
effective AND wait for vendors to have APs and cards that
support it. :)

- -- Charlie