Yes this is a good idea. I dont know about how your hardware firewall is
setup but I assume its port forwarding capable seeing as you have a web
server behind it. If you have additional ports opened up this may allow
someone to compromise a machine on the inside. From this machine the web
server can be compromised. Its a good idea to slap on even a light
firewall blocking unessecary traffic to the web server. Just as a
precaution.

--chris