From: "Chris Lloyd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 2:26 AM
Subject: Data encryption before storage

Hello Guru's

I was wondering if maybe someone could help me out with this issue.

I am using php, ssl, and mysql. I need to be able to collect info from a
form on https and encrypt the data before storing into mysql. I also need
to be able to decrypt the data when we remove the data from mysql. I know
there are plenty of ways to do this, but I'm not sure of the best, most
secure way. Ware on a shared server at host rocket, so I'm sure that dont
help. But there must be a solution to get "safe" 2 way
encryption/decryption using the php,ssl,mysql.

I would greatly appreciate any input, pointer, suggestions.

Chris

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm