A good example of this would be 'Security-Enhanced' Linux distributions...

- - Brad Bemis

- -----Original Message-----
From: Tim Greer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 11:36 AM
To: Ivan Coric; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Question for you all

I agree.  FreeBSD and moreso, OpenBSD, are indeed more secure by default
and
you are correct that this doesn't mean it's more secure over all, there's
just less word, at first.  However, look at the kernel for OpenBSD compared
to Linux to see how much better it's built.  It really is built to be more
secure and you can see it in the code.  However, that's not to say that
Linux's kernel can't be modified to do the same or similar things--though
the effort involved, I'd just prefer to run OpenBSD.  Conversely, I'd have
no problem with running Linux with modifications and a proper set up, as
that is able to be secured very, very well too.  I say use what you want,
they are both good.
- --
Regards,
Tim Greer  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Server administration, security, programming, consulting.