On 2003-07-07 Chris Berry wrote:
> >From: Ansgar Wiechers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > >
> > > I didn't think any of the other broswers were any more secure, was
> > > I wrong?
> >
> > In one word: yes.
>
> Ok, so what browser(s) do you consider more secure, and why?

I would suggest Opera or Mozilla (I prefer Mozilla). Both of them have
had their bugs too, but still IE is far ahead of them (I already said
that IMO your rant on Outlook would much better suit IE ;).

The major reasons why I consider both of them more secure than IE are:

- no ActiveX
- fewer and less critical bugs (up to now)
- no "can't be separated from the OS"

Anyway, I am not saying Opera or Mozilla would in every case be the best
choice for you (depends much on your network). As someone said before:
IE integrates very seamlessly and can be managed very well via Group
Policies, so it *may* be less trouble just keeping IE up to date.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm