We have a large number of systems each requiring a
different password and I don't expect the sys admins
to be able to remember them all (That's probably 100+
passwords when you take into account network equipment
as well as unix and windows boxes - and that doesn't
include all the desktop machines).

Faced with having to remember that many passwords and
bearing in mind that some systems might not be used on
a daily basis. I think it's expecting a bit much for
the Admins to keep them all in their heads! There's a
danger that they will write down the less used
passwords or maybe they'll reuse passwords across
multiple systems or they'll use easy to guess
passwords (you can be certain there will be a
disincentive to expire the passwords after x months)

I can't see this Board Member being very impressed
with the constant interruption. This would possibly be
more appropriate for a DR solution for password
access. Although I'd perhaps avoid using a very senior
manager or Board member. IMO you need someone senior
enough to be trusted, yet accountable enough not to
ignore the procedures around access to the passwords -
perhaps HR or Legal...but that's another debate.

For what I require - ongoing access to passwords - it
really needs to be a system solution

I suspect that you are talking from the perspective of
a small company - in which case you may have
relatively few systems.

I'm sure there must be products that do this - I was
just hoping that someone listening in on this thread
might have done it before.

Thanks Anyway

 --- Meidinger Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote: > Hi John,