From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 07 August, 2003 12:45
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: verifying an open or closed port on an ip address

Hello,

I am looking for a windows compatible utility or method, preferably command
line, where I can verify whether a port on an ip address is reachable or
not.  I want to be able to do individual ports and not port scans.  Say for
instance I wish to verify that port 677 is closed to traffic on ip address
Ex. 172.16.0.1, I'm looking for a utility that would do something like:

Check 172.16.0.1 port 677

and tell me whether that port was reachable.

So if I have two networks and I use this command from one I can determine
whether a port is reachable on another.  To determine whether a security
measure is failing or not.

There may be a simple way to do this...

Thanks
Ian
:)

Go to www.missingkids.com

But give an' take's the gospel, an' we'll call the bargain fair,
For if you 'ave lost more than us, you crumpled up the square!

Mowgli's real Father...