Sebastian Sickelmann wrote:

OK. Webrev is there: http://oss-patches.24.eu/openjdk8/NoSuchMechanismException/REBASED_ON_8018d541a7b2_2/

Can someone review this?
I think this one will require careful review and I'm not even sure that it's worth it. Using serialPersistentFields and overriding the readObject/writeObject method is the right thing for this kind of issue but it's bringing complexity that hardy seems worth it. There are a few awkward issues in here. I have to admit that I don't know, without checking, what the deal is with APIs that continued life as standalone JSRs after going into Java SE. I also suspect that some of these changes have subtly changed the behavior of a few of the exceptions. On RemoteException the patch removes a public field which we can't do. I think the other clean-up patches that you have posted here in the last week or two are good and we should move forward on them.

-Alan.