Ok, so I went off today to set up the initial manual unit testcase supplied with 6424631 report. It turns out that 6424631 should no longer be reproducible in 7u or later due to CR 7093090 changes (Reduce synchronization in java.security.Policy.getPolicyNoCheck)

The 7093090 changes which went into 7u4 have redesigned the getPolicyNoCheck() method and recursion should no longer be possible there given that we always exit getPolicyNoCheck() with a PolicyInfo with Policy!=null and an initialized value of true.

I'm closing 7169257 as not reproducible then.

regards,
Sean.