On 2013-10-09 15:20, Sean Mullan wrote:

Finally do we still use make/tools/Makefile in the new build?

No, we don't. If you want to add old build support for this, you would
also need to add usage of the tool to the correct old makefile.

I don't think it's necessary to add this to the old build at this point.

I don't really get this.

You have made some changes to the old build system (changes in make/tools/Makefile and the addition of make/tools/addtorestrictedpkgs/Makefile), but you are not actually using this.

I think you should either drop these changes as well, or fix it so that the old build is usable too. Doing it half-way seems just confusing.

Also, are we -- in general -- okay with making changes only to the new build system? As long as both systems are still there, I thought the idea was to keep them in sync. Even though we want to remove the old build, we don't know when that happens, and we *don't* want the systems do diverge. Or are there precedence for this kind of changes?

/Magnus