Sean wrote:

> That kind of seems like a javadoc bug to me. Shouldn't it add the
> @since tag as part of inheriting the javadoc?

On the chance that this is a real bug, I filed this yesterday:

@throws/@since are both missing (others?), it seems more efficient from a developer perspective to simply copy this info to the overridden classes, instead of making the developer drill down to get the rest of the information.

Tony wrote:

> Let me see if setting @since doesn't cause the inheritance of the
> other tag to stop. If it doesn't I'll fix it for 8.

I'm guessing that if you add anything, it's going to suppress the inherited javadoc, so you'll have to wait for JDK-8029241 to be fixed.

But for the case of new stuff where you've provided new text, I feel it should have an @since added.

And feel free to clean up the > 80 char lines!  ;)

Brad