Hi Brad,

Approved, changes look fine.

Thanks for simplifying the JCE jar file builds.

        Dave

On 9/21/2014 3:51 PM, Bradford Wetmore wrote:

Hi Sean/Mandy/Erik/Magnus/Alan/David/others,

Please review:

    JDK-8058845 : Update JCE environment for build improvements
    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~wetmore/8058845/

This change is to alleviate some of the overly-complicated steps we (Oracle) have in building and maintaining the JCE jar files in JDK 9. Besides the Makefiles and a class rename, there is very little change to the Open code for the OpenJDK Security folks. The OpenJDK build folks shouldn't really notice any difference.

I do wish we could completely do away with this code completely, but we (Oracle and closed licensees) do still need to follow the regulations.

For the Iced Tea maintainers, this will necessitate a small incremental change to your JCE patch.

Thanks,

Brad