Iris is correct. This fix is in JDK 9 only. I'm not sure why you think it's fixed in jdk8u.

Max - are you willing to pull this fix into the JDK 8u code line or shall I ?

regards,
Sean.

On 30/09/2014 07:56, Koen Serry wrote:

Hi,

could anyone merge the code of jdk9 into jdk8 as supposedly done in the ticket.
I see the code in jdk9 forest, not in the jdk8 forest.

kind regards,
Koen Serry

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        RE: Issue JDK-8048194 backport in jdk9 ?
Date:   Mon, 22 Sep 2014 11:17:13 -0700
From:   Iris Clark <iris.cl...@oracle.com>
To:     Koen Serry <k...@trustbuilder.be>, <h...@openjdk.java.net>

Hi, Koen.

 From my read of bug JDK-8048194, it appears that the bug was fixed in JDK 9 only.  I base this on the "Fix
Version/s" value of "9", and the "Activity", "Comments" at 2014-07-21 18:31 showing
the fix got pushed to the jdk9/dev forest, and the 2014-07-30 12:25 showing the fix pushed to the jdk9/jdk9 forest.  I
don't see any indication that the fix was backported to JDK 8 update, so I don't think it should be in JDK 8 u40.

Since the bug has a "Component" of "security-libs", I recommend that you send
e-mail to security-dev [1] where you'll find the bug's current owner and other experts in the area.
 They'll be able to provide you with definitive answers.

Thanks,
Iris Clark