On 01/05/2016 12:28 PM, Seshadri, Usha wrote:
Hi,

I am using Java 8, and am trying to configure JVM to go to CRL for
revocation checking.I didn’t see any parameter in java.security to
enable CRL revocation checking, although there are parameters to
configure OCSP.

I tried setting these two parameters as JVM options with -D, but doesn’t
seem to take any effect.

deployment.security.validation.crl= true

deployment.security.validation.crl.url=file:///root/xyz/crls/ àpoints to
the CRL directory

These properties are not general JDK system properties. They are specifically used for revocation checking of certificates used when running signed applets via Java Plugin or WebStart.

What configurable property controls the CRL revocation checking? Any
answer will be greatly appreciated!

It would be helpful to know what security APIs your application is using, as the JVM itself doesn't perform revocation checking. For example, if you are using JSSE, then setting the following system properties may help address your issue:

com.sun.net.ssl.checkRevocation=true
com.sun.security.enableCRLDP=true

You can find more information and examples in the JSSE reference guide: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/security/jsse/JSSERefGuide.html

Note that this list is not intended to be a general alias for questions about Java Security, so this question is somewhat off topic. There are various forums/websites that are probably more appropriate.

Thanks,
Sean

Thanks,

Usha Seshadri