Hi Sean!

On 12.01.2016 16:26, Sean Mullan wrote:
I received a private comment that there may be cases where the map's value is reclaimed by the garbage collector, but the key still exists. If that ProtectionDomain is subsequently used for permission checks, a Map.putIfAbsent method will not replace the value.

So, I have added an additional check for this case in the PDCache.put method, and it instead uses the Map.replace method. Updated webrev:

Wouldn't it be a little bit more efficient to use merge() here?

Something like:
pdMap.merge(weakPd, v, (pv, nv) -> pv.get() != null ? pv : nv);

Sincerely yours,
Ivan

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mullan/webrevs/8085903/webrev.01/

--Sean