Thanks for the comments, there are only < 3 months left for this to be implemented. Besides just assigning the mech numbers, we need the underlying PKCS11 library (Solaris or NSS) to support SHA-3. Once we have that, enhancing SunPKCS11 provider is fairly trivial and can be done via an RFE. I think it makes more sense to not include PKCS11 into this JEP unless SHA-3 is already supported by the underlying PKCS11 library. It's not like we won't support SHA-3 in SunPKCS11 provider ever, it's just done at a later time, may be very soon but that depends on how fast SHA-3 support will be added to the native PKCS11 library.

Regards,
Valerie