On 05/17/2016 12:12 PM, Xuelei Fan wrote:
JDK still support version 1 cert.  Developers may want to test
version 1 support of their applications.  I agree that version 1
should be fade out although it is still actively used the practice,
especially as self signed cert.

I agree that we need to continue supporting them in our implementation. However, I don't think we should add new tool support for creating v1 certs as that may encourage continued use of them (or misuse where it would be better to use extensions). I guess I don't really see a compelling need to support this, as a V3 certificate can also be used as a self-signed cert.

--Sean

It may be something that we only want to consider for self-signed
cert on request.

Thanks, Xuelei

On May 17, 2016, at 7:45 PM, Sean Mullan <sean.mul...@oracle.com>