In the recent jdk8u-dev edits of this file for 8157561, we introduced a debug field based on this key :

Debug.getInstance("jca", "Cipher");

Can we continue to use 'jca' to be consistent for people upgrading ?

for the testcase, I guess you can edit test/javax/crypto/CryptoPermission/TestUnlimited.java but you'll have to launch with a customized java.security file which doesn't have crypto.policy set. (Security.setProperty doesn't allow null values)

Regards,
Sean.