On 12/22/16 2:52 PM, Xuelei Fan wrote:
updated: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~xuelei/8129988/webrev.02/

I think there are still some race conditions. For example:

 264             TrustStoreDescriptor temporaryDesc = this.descriptor;
 265             KeyStore cachedKeyStore = ksRef.get();
266 if (descriptor.equals(temporaryDesc) && (cachedKeyStore != null)) {
 267                 return cachedKeyStore;
 268             }

There is no locking here.

Maybe that's ok based on your explanation below, but it seems a bit fragile and could lead to problems that are hard to debug. Have you looked at the AtomicReference class? You could define a new class containing the descriptor, keystore, and certs and wrap that in an AtomicReference and then use the methods on that class to update it.
Might be worth exploring that a bit more.

--Sean