Thanks Jonathan. This is now tracked as https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8174690

We hope to triage this bug and keep updates in the bug report (including proposed fix version goals). You can also contact Oracle support if necessary.

regards,
Sean.

On 09/02/2017 21:14, Patchell Jonathan wrote:

Hi Sean,

I am using 8u121 and I have raised a bug at http://bugreport.java.com/. I haven’t received any response but the internal review ID was: 9047607.

Regards,

Jonathan Patchell

Senior Software Developer

Gemalto

*From:*Seán Coffey [mailto:sean.cof...@oracle.com]
*Sent:* February-08-17 8:21 AM
*To:* Gardiner Michael <michael.gardi...@gemalto.com>; Patchell Jonathan <jonathan.patch...@gemalto.com>; security-dev@openjdk.java.net
*Subject:* Re: TlsRsaPremasterSecretParameterSpec

What version of JDK 8u are you running with ? There's been a few tweaks in this code area which might help you.

If you can reproduce with 8u121, please log an issue via http://bugreport.java.com/ <http://bugreport.java.com/> (or JBS if you have an account) - We need to be aware of such issues.

Regards,
Sean.

On 07/02/17 21:29, Gardiner Michael wrote:

    Hello Java Security Developers

    We had a discussion a year and a bit ago about the
    TlsRsaPremasterSecretParameterSpec being used in a way that
    doesn’t seem to make sense.  I’ve attached the email from 2015,
    but the same question has arisen.

    It seems that the JSSE is expecting RSA Ciphers to be able to
    handle TlsRsaPremasterSecretParameterSpec.  Is the
    TlsRsaPremasterSecretParameterSpec class going to move out of the
    status of “@deprecated Sun JDK internal use only --- WILL BE
    REMOVED in a future release” towards something that will be
    expected of RSA cipher instances to interoperate with the JSSE?

    This is a blocking issue currently with at least one large
    customer.  We could add some code in our provider to inspect if
    the parameter spec sent is of the offending type, but I’d really
    rather not have to handle a deprecated class that was never
    intended to be used outside of the Sun code base.

    My current advice to this customer is:

    1.Roll back to a previous version of Java that’s not affected by
    this behaviour change

    2.Ensure the use of PFS cipher suites so the RSA key is used only
    for identity and not key exchange

    But both of those pieces of advice may not be practical in their
    situation.

    Regards,

    Mike Gardiner

    Systems Security Architect

    Gemalto

This message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressees and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Our company shall not be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please delete it and notify the sender. Although all reasonable efforts have been made to keep this transmission free from viruses, the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted virus.