> On 31 May 2017, at 10:42, Felix Yang <felix.y...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
>    please review the patch to various jdk tests to explicitly compiling test
> libraries and the lib's dependencies. Though it could be a jtreg issue (I
> think so), it is necessary to get the tests running firstly.
>
> Bug:
>
>    https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8181299
>
> Webrev:
>
>    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~xiaofeya/8181299/webrev.00/

This may be ok to get the tests running again, but explicit build targets
would be better. The contents, and module dependencies, from classes
in the test library are subject to change, so building all classes may
require more modules than in the @modules tags in the test.

I agree with Daniel, each test should be run separately in a clean
environment, to verify that it can build the necessary dependencies.
This may be a straight forward way to identify explicit build dependencies
and avoid the wildcards.

-Chris.