I think the new bug description is backward, as you cannot expect to
implement all algorithms in all providers or use a key class fron one
provider in antoher (especially not if they use mechanisms in external APIs
like PKCS11 or MSCAPI with HSM).

"Crypto keys should be compatible between security providers"

So the limiting of ciphers should be based on the actual provider used (or
key selected) and not based on the subset of all providers present.

Maybe something like "JSSE should adjust available ciphers based on
effective provider". Its just a question how the current api can support
that (this is also somewhat related to the point of key usage flags which
also may restrict some ciphers which is only known until the actual Key
instance can be examined).