Looking to improve management of internal buffers in KeyStore. The com.sun.crypto.provider.KeyProtector class uses the PBEKey class to protect some keys. Buffers can be freed up earlier if the caller takes responsibility for lifecycle of PBEKey object. (hence no reliance on Cleaner). Some other minor improvements made while visiting this area.

Other improvements in sun.security.provider.KeyProtector where I believe the password buffer can be managed by the caller.  I only found 2 instances of where this class is used.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coffeys/webrev.8208583.v1/webrev/index.html

regards,
Sean.