Hi Siba,

The use of SO_TIMEOUT may cause intermittent failure in JDK test environment. I'm not very sure if serverSocket.close() and serverSocket.accept() are synchronized or not. If they did, there may be a dead waiting condition.

Xuelei

On 8/3/2018 2:32 AM, Sibabrata Sahoo wrote:
Hi Xuelei/John,

I did a minor change to handle graceful shutdown of server thread along with handling timeout for long waiting accept().

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ssahoo/8208496/webrev.01/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Essahoo/8208496/webrev.01/>

Thanks,

Siba

*From:*John Jiang
*Sent:* Friday, August 03, 2018 7:21 AM
*To:* Sibabrata Sahoo <sibabrata.sa...@oracle.com>
*Cc:* Xue-Lei Fan <xuelei....@oracle.com>; security-dev@openjdk.java.net
*Subject:* Re: [11] RFR: 8208496: New Test to verify concurrent behavior for TLS.

Hi Siba,
Would it be better to check how many connections the server accepts?
In your case, the server must accept 50 (no more no less) connections; otherwise, some problem may raise.

And I suppose, when the server thread is interrupted, the server socket may not be closed. The server should exit immediately and gracefully when it has accepted all the connections. If the server can be closed gracefully, it may be no need to set the server thread as daemon.

Some minors:
-- 28 import java.net.SocketException;
This import statement looks unused.

-- 131 sslSocket.setNeedClientAuth(false);
Now that client auth is not requested by default, so it may be unnecessary to set false value explicitly.

Best regards,
John Jiang