I'm only going to respond to one of your points in detail, see inline below.

For the other points, I don't think we are going to agree. You want the implementation to be more interoperable, and I have stated that the level of interoperability that you want is not a goal of the JEP. This is supposed to be a more secure software ECC implementation, with corresponding restrictions on its API. I will be happy with it if the API is just functional enough to allow us to use it in SunJSSE, with some non-trivial modifications to the SunJSSE code. In the initial release of this new provider, it should only be enabled by users who are willing to accept this tradeoff between security and usability/interoperability, and who are willing to modify existing code to make the new provider work.