Looks like a reasonable minor enhancement to me.

To contribute, you'll need to sign the OCA first. More information at :

https://openjdk.java.net/contribute/

Regards,
Sean.

On 07/11/18 11:40, Lars Francke wrote:
Hi,

I have to preface this by saying that this would be my first contribution to OpenJDK and I'm still learning the ways. Not sure for example if this is the correct mailing list or if a more generic JDK one would be appropriate.

While working on Hadoop based systems I frequently need to debug Kerberos related issues. And while there are sun.security.krb5.debug and sun.security.spnego.debug the error messages could be more helpful at times.

One of these instance is sun.security.krb5.internal.ktab.Keytab#readServiceKeys.

It logs that it's looking for keys but (at least for me) it would be very helpful if it also logged how many keys it found after the for-loop.

If it finds keys it also logs them but if it can't find any then there's no message so it's easy to miss.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Lars