Hi all,

here comes the updated webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~clanger/webrevs/8213031.3/

I've rebased the change to the current state of the JDK depot. Thanks to
Volker, the test has been enhanced and now also tests more copy operations
(from zip file system to zip file system and from zip file system to default
file system and back).

The points below were also addressed:

> ZipFileAttributeView.java
>  - can you please throw an AssertionError() for the default branch in
> the switch expression in the "ZipFileAttributeView.name()".

The default branch will return "basic". Looking at the code it should not be
jumped to anyway.

> ZipFileSystem.java
>  - please also put @Override annotations on the method implementations
> from ZipFileAttributes (e.g. "compressedSize()", "crc()", etc...) and
> a comment at the place where the implementation of the
> "PosixFileAttributes" methods starts.

Done, I also reordered the methods - first "basic" then "posix" then "zip".

> ZipUtils.java
> - just a question: isn't it possible to reuse
> sun.nio.fs.UnixFileModeAttribute.toUnixMode() and the corresponding
> constants from sun.nio.fs.UnixConstants instead of redefining them
> here? You could export them from java.base to jdk.zipfs but the
> problem is probably that at least sun.nio.fs.UnixConstants is a
> generated class which only gets generated on Unix systems, right ?

You've already answered yourself 😊 These classes only exist on Unix type JDKs.

> ZipFileAttributes.java
> - it seems a little odd that you've added "setPermissions()" to
> ZipFileAttributes. All the attribute classes (i.e.
> BasicFileAttributes, PosixFileAttributes) have no setters. Isn't it
> possible to implement "ZipFileAttributeView.setPermissions()" by
> calling "path.setPermissions()" (as this is done in
> "ZipFileAttributeView.setTimes()") and handle everything in
> ZipFileSyste (as this is done with "setTimes()").

Good catch & thanks for providing the better implementation.

I think this version is quite final now and thoroughly tested. I hope to get
some valid reviews soon...

Thanks
Christoph