> On Dec 31, 2018, at 2:36 PM, Nico Williams <nico.willi...@twosigma.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 09:07:04PM +0800, Weijun Wang wrote:
>> If we are not going to use or implement new functions defined in RFC 5587, I
>> doubt if this is useful.
>
> Using pointers to incomplete structs is much better than pointers to
> void: you get static type safety.  When we made that change in Solaris'
> libgss we found at least one serious bug.
>
>> And I don't think we can rewrite existing declarations in gssapi.h to use
>> these const types. Or can we?
>
> Actually, you can.  Heimdal and MIT made those changes.

Can you point out where they are using the new types in existing function
declarations? I searched for gss_const_buffer_t in their repos and it only
appears in new functions.

I understand it's probably ABI-compatible to use the new types. I am OK with
using them temporarily for compile check but feel uncomfortable to modify the
existing gssapi.h, especially it is also used by the native bridge itself.

Thanks,
Max