Martin,

> 1) Is this integrated to the JCE crypto providers framework or does it
work separately?
No, this is not currently integrated into the JCE crypto providers
framework.
The implementation we currently have integrates into the existing JCE
providers and it defaults to using the OpenSSL libraries, if they are
found and can be used, otherwise it drops back to the existing
implementation provided with the JDK. As I stated previously the entire
use of the the OpenSSL library can be enabled / disabled as well as the
use of specific OpenSSL algorithms using java runtime options.

> 2) Which algorithms are under scope?
The OpenSSL algorithms we have currently done this work for are RSA, CMC,
GCM and Digest.

Thanks
Steve Groeger
IBM Runtime Technologies
Hursley, Winchester
Tel: (44) 1962 816911  Mobex: 279990  Mobile: 07718 517 129
Fax (44) 1962 816800
Lotus Notes: Steve Groeger/UK/IBM
Internet: groe...@uk.ibm.com

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

From:   Martin Balao <mba...@redhat.com>
To:     security-dev@openjdk.java.net
Date:   15/03/2019 13:35
Subject:        Re: Use of OpenSSL as JCE security provider if available
on system
Sent by:        "security-dev" <security-dev-boun...@openjdk.java.net>

Hi Steve,

This looks interesting.

I have a couple of questions:

1) Is this integrated to the JCE crypto providers framework or does it
work separately? The properties "jdk.nativeCrypto" and
"jdk.nativeDigest" made me think it's not.

2) Which algorithms are under scope?

Kind regards,
Martin.-