Hi Max,
If using "-J-Duser.timezone=null", it looks jarsigner always uses timezone GMT-8/PST, but not the local timezone.
Currently, the testing machines should use GMT-7/PDT.
If no user.timezone is specified, jarsigner just uses local timezone.

Please review the updated webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jjiang/8220410/webrev.01/ It doesn't specify user.timezone for jarsigner if this property is null, and still makes sure jarsigner and date formatter use the same timezone.

Best regards,
John Jiang