It did help some, yes.  I'm trying to get to a point where I can reproduce the issue because it isn't immediately clear why that last record is causing the ShortBufferException.  I'm hoping there's a way to do that without having to hit that discord server.  Ideally I'd need to turn this into some kind of regression test that more easily isolates the issue.

--Jamil