I may be a little bit hesitate to add such words, "highly recommended to use the latest NSS version ...", in the general TOP doc. There are a few issues that I wary about:

It is not always expected that all PKCS 11 test should be run on latest NSS version. Otherwise, there might be compatibility issues that we did not handle properly. The JDK is expected to work with as much NSS versions as possible, not just the latest version. It is good to know which version does not really work because of a specific bug.

The note should be added as close as to the place where the issue happens, for maintaining and searching. I think the best place could be the test code where the failure occurs (test/jdk/sun/security/pkcs11/Secmod/AddTrustedCert.java?).

However, I'm still not sure if we really want this note.

JDK-8231338 is reported with NSS 3.35. Per the comment, the test could pass with NSS 3.35 on Debian and Ubuntu, and the bug submitter could pass the test with a proper build of NSS 3.35. And then the bug was closed as "Cannot Reproduce". I think we are done with the bug. It might not be necessary to add a note any more.

Just my $.02.

Xuelei