Which is good to me.

Thanks,
Xuelei

On 9/19/2019 5:46 PM, Valerie Peng wrote:

I am not on the PKCS#11 committee and not sure about the plan.
As for which one is right, I am more inclined to the "spec is right" side which
is also what NSS picked.
Comparing between spec and header, shouldn't the former get more eyeballs in
terms of review?
The header file also has a deprecated structure CK_AES_GCM_PARAMS which
contains both ulIvLen and ulIvBits fields.
As ulIvBits and ulIvLen are essentially same in terms of meaning except bytes
vs bits. Having both just creates confusion and potential inconsistency and
makes not much sense to me.

Valerie

----- Original Message -----
From: xuelei....@oracle.com
To: valerie.p...@oracle.com, security-dev@openjdk.java.net
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2019 7:47:43 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [14] RFR JDK-8229243 "SunPKCS11-Solaris provider tests failing on
Solaris 11.4"

Will the inconsistency structure be continue?  I was just wondering if
OpenHSM2/Solaris/NSS will fix the bug and use one structure in the
future, then we may not need to workaround the issue in the calling side.

I had a quick look the PKCS#11 3.0 draft, there is no update of the
structure yet.

Xuelei