Thanks Alan. Updates made and changes pushed.

regards,
Sean.

On 13/01/2020 18:50, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 13/01/2020 10:28, Seán Coffey wrote:
some off line comments suggested that I could move the jar initialization checks to the EventHelper class. With that in place, the EventHelper utility class should never initialize the logging framework early during jar initialization.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coffeys/webrev.8234466.v4/webrev/
Thanks for the update. JAR file verification is tricky and important not to attempt to run arbitrary code while doing that, esp. anything that might need to load a class or resource from the class path. So I think the approach (in v5) looks okay.  A minor nit in JarFile is that it should be "static final".  Also you might want to replace or change the @summary in both tests to make it clearer that the tests attempt to trigger class loading from the class loader during JAR file verification.

-Alan.