Hi Max,

Thanks for having a look at this.

On 3/29/20 1:10 AM, Weijun Wang wrote:
>>  * Note: from a client side, sending an NT-ENTERPRISE cname means that
>> the cname can change in the response. Windows AD 2016, however, does not
>> change it unless 'canonicalize' flag is explicitly set in the request.
>
> Sounds quite reasonable to me. This means "You might find info associated
> with my other names, but please always call me by my original name".

Yes, correct. In fact, Windows AD seems not to change the cname when an
NT-ENTERPRISE cname is sent and 'canonicalize' is false. AS referrals
keep working in this case.

However, it's more of a suggestion: if any other KDC decides to change
an NT-ENTERPRISE cname even when 'canonicalize' was false in the
request, we will handle that and move on (this is a bit off RFC 6806 as
'canonicalize' should have been true when sending an NT-ENTERPRISE).
That's what we -and the MIT client- mean with "NT-ENTERPRISE" implies
'canonicalize'.

Thanks,
Martin.-