Will generate a new webrev shortly, meanwhile some comments inline..

> On May 7, 2020, at 1:02 AM, Weijun Wang <weijun.w...@oracle.com> wrote:
>

>> On May 7, 2020, at 1:05 PM, Mikael Vidstedt <mikael.vidst...@oracle.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> New webrev here:
>>
>> webrev:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mikael/webrevs/8244224/webrev.01/security/open/webrev/
>> incremental:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mikael/webrevs/8244224/webrev.01/security.incr/open/webrev/
>>
>> Items yet to be resolved:
>>
>> * File follow-up to drop $ISA support in
>> src/jdk.crypto.cryptoki/share/classes/sun/security/pkcs11/Config.java
>
> Maybe keep it now. I remember on Ubuntu the libraries are also in different
> directories for x64 and x86.

I’ll leave it the way it is in webrev.01. Just to make sure we’re on the same
page: the only remaining effect it will have is that the "$ISA/“ substring will
be removed if it’s found. A possible removal can perhaps be handled as a
follow-up instead?

>> * Get confirmation on the “solaris” property in
>> test/jdk/sun/security/tools/keytool/KeyToolTest.java
>
> 1. remove all lines except for the 1st in the test's @summary
> 2. remove the whole "if (System.getProperty("solaris") != null)" block in
> main()
> 3. remove the static final String fields SUN_P11_ARG and SUN_SRC_P11_ARG

Thanks for the off-thread education on why this code is indeed Solaris
specific: all other platforms need the -addprovider option to enable PKCS11,
Solaris comes with enabled by default.

>> * Get confirmation if https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8039280 is
>> enough to cover
>> test/jdk/sun/security/provider/PolicyParser/PrincipalExpansionError.java
>
> The test has been neglected for a long time, but I think in theory the
> SolarisPrincipal can be substituted into UnixPrincipal. Let's keep it.

I changed SolarisPrincipal to UnixPrincipal in the .java and .policy files, but
did *not* verify that the test works as expected with that change.

>> * Get confirmation on what to do about the "(secret == null)” block in
>> test/jdk/sun/security/pkcs11/tls/TestPRF.java
>
> I don't quite understand this test, but I think we can simply remove the
> block. The comment seems to suggest that this will not fail on Solaris. Let's
> see what would happen on other platforms.

Consider it gone!

Cheers,
Mikael