Hi Valerie,
Thanks for your clarification!

Could you please review this updated webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jjiang/8245134/webrev.01/

Best regards,
John Jiang

On 2020/5/22 06:08, Valerie Peng wrote:

On 5/20/2020 7:38 PM, sha.ji...@oracle.com wrote:

- line 176, maybe it's better to just supply the type, clearer and less dependency.

Not get this point.
Could you please describe some more?

I mean to change line 176 as below (see the added text in blue):

176 return createTrustStore(DEFAULT_TYPE, certStrs, null);

With this extra aliases argument, number of createTrustStore(...) methods doubled from 2 to 4, number of createKeyStore(...) methods also doubled from 4 to 8. Isn't it a bit much to have 8 methods doing the same thing? Especially in the case of createKeyStore(...), quite a few of them have long list of arguments with the same type, combining this with the large number of methods, it can get confusing on which method is called. How often do you think the aliases are supplied? Maybe we only add methods which will be used instead of adding all possible combinations.

I'll remove 4 createKeyStore(...) methods (like the below one) that have long list of arguments.
createKeyStore(String type, String[] keyAlgos,
            String[] keyStrs, String[] passwords, String[] certStrs,
            String[] aliases)
It looks no test is using them. My tests also won't use them.

Sounds good.

Thanks,
Valerie

Best regards,