Hi Alexey,

I've looked through LdapCtx/LdapClient/SaslBind changes:

Do we need to check if CHANNEL_BINDING is set explicitly for all connection types? Maybe we can move the check inside 'if (conn.sock instanceof SSLSocket) {' block.

Also, instead of setting CHANNEL_BINDING in context environment and then removing it in finally block, it would be better to clone the environment, put calculated CHANNEL_BINDING into it, and pass the cloned one to Sasl.createSaslClient.

Another suggestion about the code that verifies if both properties are set before connection is started: As you've already mentioned the new code in LdapCtx is only needed for checking if timeout is set. Could we try to remove LdapCtx::cbType field and all related methods from LdapCtx (this class is already over-complicated and hard to read) and replace it with some static method in LdapSasl? It will help to localize all changes to LdapSasl except for one line in LdapCtx.

I mean something like this:
Replace
+
+            // verify LDAP channel binding property
+            if (cbType != null && connectTimeout == -1)
+                    throw new NamingException(TlsChannelBinding.CHANNEL_BINDING_TYPE +
+                            " property requires " +
+                            CONNECT_TIMEOUT +
+                            " property is set.");
With
+ LdapSasl.checkCbParameters((String)envprops.get(TlsChannelBinding.CHANNEL_BINDING_TYPE), connectTimeout);

And add something like that to LdapSasl (or maybe pass the full env here):
+ public static void checkCbParameters(String cbTypePropertyValue, int connectTimeout) throws NamingException { +     TlsChannelBindingType cbType = TlsChannelBinding.parseType(cbTypePropertyValue);
+     // verify LDAP channel binding property
+     if (cbType != null && connectTimeout == -1) {
+         throw new NamingException(TlsChannelBinding.CHANNEL_BINDING_TYPE +
+                 " property requires com.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.timeout" +
+                 " property is set.");
+     }
+ }

Other LdapCtx/LdapClient/SaslBind  changes look fine to me.

With Kind Regards,
Aleksei