Good to see both -keystore and -trustcacerts mentioned. Some comments:

1. I think there is no need to say "from -file cert_file". Or, do you mean the
new function does not apply to those from -sslserver and -jarfile? If so, that
might be a problem.

2. While you said "attempts to construct a chain of trust", do you also want to
describe what happens if it succeeds or fails?

3. It will be nice if you can include the exact diff of the man page files
either inside the CSR itself or as a comment.

Thanks,
Max