updated webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coffeys/webrev.8250968.v2/webrev/

regards,
Sean.

On 27/08/2020 07:42, Seán Coffey wrote:
Hi Max,

I looked at updating the warning string but figured that it might have been of no interest to end users. How about this edit then ?

+        {"posix.attributes.detected", "POSIX file permission attributes detected. These attributes are ignored when signing and are not protected by the signature."},

>> replace with:
+        {"extra.attributes.detected", "POSIX file permission/symlink attributes detected. These attributes are ignored when signing and are not protected by the signature."},

regards,
Sean.