On Sun, 8 Nov 2020 16:28:41 GMT, Alan Bateman <al...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Maurizio Cimadamore has updated the pull request with a new target base due
>> to a merge or a rebase. The pull request now contains 29 commits:
>>
>>  - Fix post-merge issues caused by 8219014
>>  - Merge branch 'master' into 8254162
>>  - Addess remaining feedback from @AlanBateman and @mrserb
>>  - Address comments from @AlanBateman
>>  - Merge branch 'master' into 8254162
>>  - Fix issues with derived buffers and IO operations
>>  - More 32-bit fixes for TestLayouts
>>  - * Add final to MappedByteBuffer::SCOPED_MEMORY_ACCESS field
>>    * Tweak TestLayouts to make it 32-bit friendly after recent MemoryLayouts
>> tweaks
>>  - Remove TestMismatch from 32-bit problem list
>>  - Merge branch 'master' into 8254162
>>  - ... and 19 more:
>> https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/compare/a50fdd54...02f9e251
>
> Marked as reviewed by alanb (Reviewer).

> I see the xxxByteAtIndex methods that took a ByteOrder have been removed from
> MemoryAccess. Should the xxxByte and xxxByteAtOffset that take a ByteOrder be
> removed too?

I've addresses this in the latest iteration. Since I was there I also removed
`getByteAtIndex` and `getByteAtIndex`, since their behavior is identical to
that of `getByteAtOffset` and `setByteAtOffset`, respectively (in other words,
the indexed variants are not really helpful until carrier size > 1 byte).