On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 16:34:30 GMT, Anthony Scarpino <ascarp...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> 8253821: Improve ByteBuffer performance with GCM
>
> Anthony Scarpino has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   Code review comment update
>   Major change to test to detect corruption with incremental buffers test

src/java.base/share/classes/com/sun/crypto/provider/GaloisCounterMode.java line
560:

> 558:             System.arraycopy(buffer, 0, block, 0, blockSize);
> 559:             buflen -= block.length;
> 560:             return 0;

Will bufLen > blockSize? Judging from the context of this method, buffer.length
should always <= blockSize and  never be larger? If bufLen == blockSize,
perhaps we can just use buffer directly and no need to copy.

src/java.base/share/classes/com/sun/crypto/provider/GaloisCounterMode.java line
559:

> 557:         if (buflen >= blockSize) {
> 558:             System.arraycopy(buffer, 0, block, 0, blockSize);
> 559:             buflen -= block.length;

bufLen isn't used, why bother updating its value?