> On Feb 1, 2021, at 2:32 AM, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren....@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> On 2021-01-31 20:00, Wei-Jun Wang wrote:
>> https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8260693 filed.
>
> Thanx!
> In the bug report you also write:
>
>    We'll also need a way to generate this kind of certificate (or certreq).
>    There is no signature algorithm on XDH and we need to use EdDSA instead.
>    See
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8410*section-10.2__;Iw!!GqivPVa7Brio!NmY7j2ZVt-VJoTtZkQFA8tbhvHgLZazChGpwWEbycxxjAHm6aDkm8clW3eJ2H14Ugw$
>  .
>
> AFAIK there is no standard for CSRs for encryption keys.  You need to use a
> signature key that sort of vouches for the enclosed public key.  This key may
> use any valid signature algorithm.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2986#section-3 says:

        1. A CertificationRequestInfo value containing a subject
           distinguished name, a subject public key, and optionally a
           set of attributes is constructed by an entity requesting
           certification.

        2. The CertificationRequestInfo value is signed with the subject
           entity's private key.  (See Section 4.2.)

It hasn’t said the “public key” and “private key” above should be a pair,
though.

> As a side note, my own applications use a key container attestation key for
> *all* CSRs which is a more useful method than self-signed CSRs.

Interesting. Is there any document describing this feature?

Thanks,
Max