On Thu, 18 Mar 2021 21:26:28 GMT, SalusaSecondus
<github.com+829871+salusasecon...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> It is not good practice to leave secret information in debug log. Also, it
>> may be not a good practice to introduce new logger format, including file
>> and NSS format, into the SSLLogger.  Someone also may want to introduce log
>> format for MSS or XSS as well. Instead, please consider to make use of the
>> features of Java Logger if you want to write the log to files, or use any
>> special format.
>
> @XueleiFan I'd really like to move this forward but I'm uncertain what
> changes you want me to make. This extra debugging information will be very
> valuable to those of us debugging Java TLS connections.

I am also not comfortable adding this feature to the JDK, especially since
every build of the JDK would by default have this feature enabled. Logging
sensitive information to log files is not good security practice (there are
many references I could cite). I also think it would be too easy to
accidentally leave the system property enabled or forget to remove the file.