> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose a fix for JDK-8261355 [1].
>
> The scheme used for holding data and padding while performing encryption
> operations is almost the same than the existing one for decryption. The only
> difference is that encryption does not require a block-sized buffer to be
> always held because there is no need, upon an update call, to determine which
> bytes are real output for the caller and which are padding -as it's required
> for decryption-. I added a couple of comments in implUpdate to explain this.
>
> No regressions observed in jdk/sun/security/pkcs11.
>
> Thanks,
> Martin.-
>
> --
> [1] - https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8261355

Martin Balao has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge
or a rebase. The pull request now contains three commits:

 - Avoid overriding buffered bytes with padding in the doFinal call.
 - Only do encryption block-size buffering for NSS
 - 8261355: No data buffering in SunPKCS11 Cipher encryption when the
underlying mechanism has no padding

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=2510&range=01
  Stats: 245 lines in 2 files changed: 164 ins; 23 del; 58 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/2510/head:pull/2510