On 06/02/21 13:30, Maurizio Cimadamore wrote:
> This patch replaces `LibraryLookup` with a simpler `SymbolLookup`
> abstraction, a functional interface. Crucially, `SymbolLookup` does not
> concern with library loading, only symbol lookup. For this reason, two
> factories are added:

Hi,

While I am thinking about this, what will be the behavior when the JVM
itself has been dynamically loaded into an embedding application, and
launched with the JNI invocation API?

Will there be a *Lookup flavor that is able to find any exported symbol
known in the embedding environment the JVM was loaded into? (This is the
sort of condition the Mac OS linker checks when given the -bundle_loader
option.)

Regards,
Chapman Flack (maintainer of a project that happens to work that way)