On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 08:08:47 GMT, Yi Yang <yy...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> After JDK-8265518(#3615), it's possible to replace all variants of checkIndex
> by Objects.checkIndex/Objects.checkFromToIndex/Objects.checkFromIndexSize in
> the whole JDK codebase.

Class loading order is different to class initialization order.

There are a lot more tests than just tier1. :) I don't expect many, if any,
tests to be looking for a specific IOOBE message, and I can't see an easy way
to find such tests without running them.  If core-libs folk are okay with this
update then I guess we can just handle any test failures if they arise. But
I'll run this through our tier 1-3 testing.

Thanks,
David