On Thu, 17 Jun 2021 13:20:54 GMT, Alexey Bakhtin <abakh...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Please review the fix for JDK-8268965.
>
> The new jtreg test is added for the described issue.
> sun/security/ssl and javax/net/ssl tests are passed

Hi Alexey,

Thank you for the details thread stacks.

The basic idea of the fix looks good to me.  But I did have a concern about the
racing.  If there is a read thread and a close/shutdown thread, there might be
weird behaviors because each thread may only be able to read some of the
information and make it impossible to decode the record.  What do you think If
placing the cleanup synchronized with readLock?  For example, using the
AppInputStream.deplete() method or a similar one that synch the reading.

Best,
Xuelei