> On 4 Aug 2021, at 01:19, Peter Firmstone <peter.firmst...@zeus.net.au> wrote:
>
> Excellent, Ron, that's exactly what I'm after.
>
> I need to be able to implement an authorization layer on top of the JDK, but
> reach down into the JDK to use authorization to control access.
>
> Can we find out how many such checks that OpenJDK is prepared to support,
> then we will pick the most important?

Pick any three you’d like.

I’m joking. How many or few — or whether this is the right approach at all —
depends, like everything, on value
vs. cost. Maybe Sean or Alan can tell you where the best place to discuss this
is — there probably won’t be a
separate mailing list, as it won’t be a big project — but perhaps it’s best to
let things sink in for a while and
take time to think. The OpenJDK development process is such that the relevant
stewards of the platform, people
like Alan and Sean, make the decisions, the committers do the development, and
relevant (and, preferably
succinct) feedback from users is appreciated.

It’s important to remember that while all feedback is taken seriously, not all
of it is accepted, for the simple
reason that it is ultimately the stewards’ job to consider the interests of the
entire ecosystem — to the best
of their abilities — and not just that of those who give feedback.

To see what ideas are currently being considered and which proposals are
planned — the stewards will present
them to the OpenJDK community at the appropriate time — see the Future Work
section of the JEP: https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/411#Future-Work

— Ron