On Thu, 19 Aug 2021 13:07:59 GMT, Sean Coffey <coff...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Corner case where a session resumption can fail if the TLS server changes
>> supported protocol versions in relation to a cached SSLSession. This is
>> primarily an issue where the legacy TLS version is used in place of the
>> newer "supported_versions" TLS extension.
>
> Sean Coffey has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   maxProtocolVersion refactoring

Changes requested by xuelei (Reviewer).

src/java.base/share/classes/sun/security/ssl/ClientHello.java line 547:

> 545:                     // handshake output stream, so that the output
> records
> 546:                     // (at the record layer) have the correct version
> 547:                     chc.setVersion(sessionVersion);

The removing of the call to "setVersion()" has an impact, I think.  I think the
declaration of this method could be removed in HandshakeContext class, and set
the HandshakeContext.conContext.protocolVersion to
HandshakeContext.maximumActiveProtocol in the  HandshakeContext.initialize()
method.

test/jdk/sun/security/ssl/SSLSessionImpl/InvalidateSession.java line 60:

> 58:         System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword", passwd);
> 59:         System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore", trustFilename);
> 60:         System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword", passwd);

It is not recommended to use the binary key store files for JSSE test cases.
Please refer to test/jdk/javax/net/ssl/templates/SSLContextTemplate.java for a
replacement.

test/jdk/sun/security/ssl/SSLSessionImpl/InvalidateSession.java line 173:

> 171:         }
> 172:     }
> 173: }

Is a new line required in the end of file? I see red symbol in the review
board, I think the symbol may be generated by the GitHub.